Thursday, November 24, 2016

A Thanksgiving Reflection


A couple years ago around this time, I was told by my therapist, Miriam that if I lost any more weight, that the hospital could be a possibility. That was the day before Thanksgiving 2014.
That day was very hard for me. Even though we didn't have a lot of food that day, it was a huge struggle for me due to that evil voice. The battle within my mind went like this: Don't eat and show how strong you are. The other side was; you don't eat, you will end up in the hospital. Eat and show that you can do this at home. It was hard and scary but I did it!


I am Thankful to my husband and my Therapist for getting to this point.  Does Thanksgiving still make me nervous? Yes it does but it isn't so bad now that I have a strategy for it. I know that I can get through this, and if I have a hard time, I will tell Miriam about this on the next session.



No comments:

Post a Comment