Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Empowerment



The dictionary defines empowerment as: Giving power for someone to do something, enable someone to do something, and giving someone confidence to become stronger to control their life.

I believe we all need this in our lives.
Empowerment could come in different ways such as: Giving someone the right to chose his or her own treatment plan, goals, meal plans and their after care plans before they are discharged from the residential centers.
When I was in a bad place with ED, my therapist gave me the empowerment to turn myself around. What this meant was, I would eat a little more to get myself to a safe target and my husband would weigh me, and report it to her. This gave me the confidence to know I could slowly build myself up to a safe target.
Now that I am at real safe target, I have more empowerment, if I am on the cycle and don't weigh in, there are no worries.
I also taken on empowerment by writing my blogs and publishing them! I know for me every time, I empower myself, I feel more confident to get things done, that before, I didn't think it would was possible.
My biggest empowerment, pulling the cord on the rip cord last year at Cedar Point!

No comments:

Post a Comment