Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Empowerment Summer Hit list


Empowerment Summer Play List

A couple of years ago, I put together a CD of ED Busters when I want to feel empowered. Last year I found some more songs that would well on the CD and remade the CD with more songs.  These songs have meaning for me too.
Here are some of them:
Coming Out of the Dark-Gloria Estafan
Beautiful Life- Ace of Base
This Girl is of Fire- Alicia Keys
Strong Enough- Cher
Paradise- Cold Play
Sky Scraper- Demi Lavato
Shake it Out-Florence and The Machine
Things Can Only Get Better- Howard Jones
Pocketful of Sunshine- Natasha Bedingfield
The Good Life-One Republic
I want to Break Free- Queen
Beautiful Day-U2
Eye of the Tiger- Survivor
Unwritten-Natasha Beddingfield
The Warrior-Scandal
Promise of a New Day-Paula Abdul
Cry For You-September



I have also made copies for some people too that want to feel empowered. 
I listen to these hits not just during summer but when I have bad ED Days and I am tempted to use the eating disorder’s behaviors.  I listen to my play list and journal. It does help snap me out of my funk


So I invite people to a play list together that inspires them to keep on the recovery track because we are all worth it!


2 comments:

  1. Good songs! Some of my empowerment songs are as follows:
    a.) More Beautiful You-Jonny Diaz
    b.) Beloved-Jordan Feliz
    c.) Never Too Far Gone-Jordan Feliz
    d.) Mended-Matthew West
    e.) Just Be Held-Casting Crowns
    f.) Thy Will-Hillary Scott
    g.) Live Like That-Sidewalk Prophets
    h.) To Live is Christ-Sidewalk Prophets
    i.) Beautiful-MercyMe
    j.) Warrior-Demi Lovato (When someone is hurtful or abusive to me, to rise above them...)

    ReplyDelete