Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Attitudes

Our attitudes can help or hurt us. If we have a negative attitude then it becomes set in our minds on the way we think life should be and we can't fully embrace the good things because we see the glass half full.
Bad: I see this in my father inlaw, nothing made him happy and complained about things that people tried to do for him. Also now with him in a long term care facility, he has a whole list of illnesses. I believe this produced by a negative mindset coupled with a negative attitude. His mind sets forth a chain reaction of illness brought on by toxic negativity!
Good: I saw this in my mother inlaw when she was alive. She was positive and always so happy. She loved the little things that people did for her. I remember for one of her birthday celebrations, she clapped her hands, and said " someone remembered me!"  She was always so sweet even through her illness of Alzheimer's Disease. She always showed love to the residents and to her family. When she couldn't speak, she still leaned over and gave her family a kiss.
She was the example of being positive!

Pragmatic: I know there will be times to have a negative attitude when things don't right. A good example would be when the weather doesn't work out or the internet goes down.  The healthy mindset could be, how can I see good in this situation? How can make this still work. In other words making a negative into a positive.  There are times when Macomb's website crashes and I can't register. Instead of complaining why can't I register and not doing anything about it, I walk up there and register. I also get a walk and exercise out of the deal.  Another example was: Our wedding anniversary, we planned to go to the water park, but it didn't work out weather wise, so we walked the mall and had a dessert there and watched people. We can always reschedule water park or to be continued to a warmer day when we can both enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. good post! But how do you maintain a good attitude when a lot of people (NOT you though) screw you over and don't value what you say or as a person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can be hard. However keep being who you are and stand in your truth! The rest will take care of itself. The ones that devalue you, says a lot about their lack of worth in themselves.

    ReplyDelete