Friday, December 2, 2016

Imperfect


What Does It Mean to Be Imperfect?

Imperfect-The dictionary defines it as: not perfect, not fully formed or done or incomplete. In the grammar context, states a past action in progress but not yet completed at the time of in question.

In the definitions of not being fully formed, done or incomplete, we haven’t finished our transformation and we are still a work in progress. I feel for me, I am learning how live imperfectly that even though, I maybe in a good spot in recovery, I am not recovered from my eating disorder yet. I still have lots to learn before I emerge from cocoon of the caterpillar into the butterfly.

I believe that we are beautiful because each one of us is living his or her life to their standards not what society deems. Society wants us to think we need: “the perfect bodies, perfect families, and careers.” It is so liberating when we say, “that is enough!” “ It is okay to go without makeup or without the matched outfit.” We have so much to offer this world and can do it in an imperfect way and still love ourselves. I know for me, I go without makeup and just give my hair a quick brush. I am not trying to impress anyone, and my husband loves me without makeup. We can also learn from each other how to be “perfectly imperfect!”
My therapist told me it was okay to be “perfectly imperfect” to take the pressure off myself.
A good example of me living imperfectly is at Cedar Point, the amusement park in Sandusky, OH. My hair is wild from all the rides, I go on and sometimes wet from the wet rides too. However I am living and having an awesome time there. I am not worried how I look either. I am enjoying the time spent with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment